With all my new facebook fans (if you aren’t a fan on facebook yet click here to like Carried Away About Nutrition!), I thought it would be a great time to share some interesting things about me NOT related to nutrition.
- I’m a little hellion on wheels – I basically drive a car like I would drive a seadoo and I always drive a seadoo with the intent to throw my passengers overboard. Gas through the turns, short stops, a little extra speed… that is me! Now I am sure you are interested in my driving record and number of accidents. I can gladly report that my sister takes the cake in this category and has outdone me in accidents and traffic violations :) Knock on wood.
- I am a voracious reader – I love to read! These days, most of my reading centers around my classes and other nutrition articles but give me a break with some good non-fiction and you can’t peel me away. Recently, I devoured the Divergent series, three books, in about five days… luckily it was the weekend between quarters. I also spent the Christmas break of my senior year reading the Harry Potter series from start to finish, for fun. I just love to read. A good book pairs really well with a day at the beach or lounging at the pool.
- I have acquired the taste for coffee – I am a regular ole’ coffee drinker these days. I do not drink it black, but with a splash of dark chocolate almond milk. I have always been a morning person and I wake up just fine. For me coffee is more of a mood booster and in the right proportion it grants razor sharp focus (although there is a fine line between there and shaky). I love soy lattes and I love blogging or doing homework from a coffee shop.
- I follow the sun – I am a sucker for a good sunset and I even appreciate the pretty colors of the sunrise (I don’t mind being awake either). I wear my sunscreen and love a good day at the beach. The sun makes me happy and I can’t say my family was really shocked when I ended up moving to the sunshine state two and a half years ago. I thrive on daylight and I can relax more on the beach at sunset than I ever could on the couch in front of a TV.
- Writing was never my strongest skill – In high school and in college I would never say I excelled as a writer. I could hold my own of course, but writing wasn’t my thing. However, I am very appreciative of my education (especially my high school, go Bobcats!) which challenged my writing skills. I never took into account how much writing I would be doing these days, as a blogger and a grad student, but I have learned to enjoy writing as well.
So there you have a little bit more about me! My professional bio is not as interesting, but here is a refresher:
- Graduated summa cum laude from the University of Cincinnati with a Bachelors of Science in Dietetics
- Registered Dietitian since July 2011
- Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management October 2012
- Current position as a Weight Management Dietitian with Lee Memorial Health Systems
- Started graduate school August 2013, Benedictine University earning my Masters of Science in Nutrition and Wellness
If there is anything else you want to learn about me, let me know! I love hearing from my readers and getting to know all of you!