The other night I arrived home to a delicious home cooked meal prepared by my fiance. Wes was particularly proud of his broccoli and the manner in which he seasoned it. This is MAN broccoli. Wes has recently been bragging that he is good with seasoning and flavoring… and this broccoli delivers.
I will let Wes take over….
You will need:
1 head of broccoli
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 Tsp olive oil
1 slice, regular orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Chop broccoli, keep florets only
- Place florets into a glass baking dish
- Drizzle olive oil and soy sauce over broccoli
- Add garlic salt and onion powder, and toss with a spatula to cover evenly
- Squeeze orange slice over broccoli
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until soft.
The result is a tasty broccoli recipe that most anyone will enjoy.
Wes actually used a blood orange infused olive oil to give the broccoli it’s orange flavor, but you can easily substitute fresh squeezed orange or a splash of orange juice. The orange flavor is a nice surprise, and this broccoli pairs nicely with chicken.
I am just happy I have this boy trained to cook vegetables, and he ENJOYS this broccoli! Let us know if you try this recipe out!